These turkey stuffed zucchini boats are a great low-carb, high protein option for dinner that is so easy to make! All you’ll need is around 30 minutes and a few basic ingredients.
If you like to use zucchini in place of noodles occasionally like myself for a healthier-lighter version of pasta, than you will love this new fresh way to use zucchinis too!
What you’ll need to make turkey stuffed zucchini boats:
- minced turkey: you could also use ground beef or chicken
- zucchinis: you’ll need 3-4 medium sized zucchinis
- veggies of your choice: I like to add mushrooms, bell pepper, onion for extra nutrients
- jar of marinara sauce: you can use whichever tomato sauce you prefer, I like President’s Choice Marinara- I find the ingredients to be great and the price even better lol
- seasoning: I kept it simple with this recipe- all you’ll need is garlic powder, oregano and salt + pepper
- parmigiano reggiano: topping the zucchini boats with some fresh parmesan cheese elevates the dish so much! Everything’s better with cheese, right?
If you’ve tried this delicious and nutritious Turkey Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe or any other recipes on Gracefully Well, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Turkey Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Calories 500kcals
- Fat 19g
- Protein 40g
- Carbs 33g
- Fibre 7g
- 3-4 zucchinis, halved lengthwise and inner flesh scooped out
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 Cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 package minced turkey, 454g
- 1 jar of marinara sauce, I like President's Choice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Trim the ends of your zucchini’s and cut them lengthwise down the middle.
- Scoop out some of the insides and set them to the side.
- In a frying pan, on medium heat add a drizzle of olive oil. Add in your ground turkey and onion. Once the turkey is fully cooked add in the bell pepper, mushrooms and seasoning. Sautée for a few more minutes.
- Add in the marinara sauce and mix.
- In the bottom of a casserole dish, add a layer of marinara sauce. Now place the zucchinis in the dish and evenly add the mixture to your hollowed out zucchini’s.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the zucchini’s are tender. Top with additional Parmesan cheese and serve!