Fish tacos are one of my all time favourite foods! They are just SO easy and down right DELICIOUS 🤤 I’m always trying out different fish tacos at restaurants and have finally figured out which ones I like best (very important research)- aka a fresh white fish, not battered and topped with a good crunchy coleslaw, red onion, cilantro, guacamole and a ton of fresh lime juice. This is my version of my favourite restaurant fish taco!
These blackened spicy fish tacos are packed with tons of flavour and freshness, they make the perfect spring or summer (or frankly, anytime of the year) dinner. You can always switch up the toppings to create new exciting flavour combos- the possibilities are endless!
What you’ll need to make spicy blackened fish tacos:
- white fish of choice, I like to use either cod or tilapia
- seasonings: garlic, cayenne, paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper
- olive oil
- white corn tortillas
- red onion
- fresh tomato
How to make the cilantro coleslaw:
-1/4 of a red cabbage
-1/4 cup cilantro
-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
-1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
-salt and pepper, to taste
- Finely shred around 1/4 of the cabbage and put in a mixing bowl
- Finely chop the fresh cilantro and also add to the bowl
- Measure 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice and a dash of salt and pepper. Add to the bowl and mix everything together
- Let sit for 10 minutes in the refrigerator before serving on tacos
Now let’s get to the recipe! If you’ve tried this delicious Spicy Blackened Fish Tacos with Cilantro Coleslaw recipe or any other recipes on Gracefully Well, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Spicy Blackened Fish Tacos (Super Easy!)
- 3 tilapia fillets, or other white fish of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Toppings: red onion, tomato, avocado, cilantro coleslaw
- White corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, add the spices garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil on the fish fillets and spread the seasoning mixture all over both sides of the fish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan, on medium high heat, lightly brown the fish fillets. 1-2 minutes on each side.
- If your pan is oven safe, add it directly to the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until fully cooked. If not transfer the fillets to a baking sheet and place in oven
- While the fish is baking, prep the toppings such as raw red onion, tomato, cilantro coleslaw, guacamole
- Once fish is cooked, assemble the tacos and squeeze some fresh lime over the top!