With fall well underway, the days here in Ontario, Canada are getting shorter and colder. For me this means less smoothies and more warming, comforting meals to start my day. This recipe is the perfect way to do just that.
This is a super easy breakfast option for even the busiest of mornings, it takes less than 10 minutes to put together and is such a crowd pleaser!
With a creamy oatmeal base filled with delicious fall inspired spices and topped with sweet caramelized apples, this might just become a fall staple for you.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Spiced Apple Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, large flake
- 2/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice, a few dashes
- In a small fry pan, heat on medium-low. Once warm, add the coconut oil and once its melted add your thinly sliced apples.
- Stirring your apples occasionally, cook for 3-4 minutes until they are soft.
- Sprinkle a few dashes of cinnamon and the maple syrup on the apples and stir until they are fully coated, remove from heat.
- In a separate small sauce pan, add your oats and plant milk of choice.
- Cook over medium-high heat until liquid is fully absorbed and you are left with creamy oats
- Sprinkle a few dashes of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice into your oats, stir and add to a bowl.
- Top with spiced apples and a drizzle of honey