These no-bake almond butter energy bites make for an amazing, energizing snack you can take with you on the go! They are super quick and easy to make and make an awesome option to meal prep.
All you need is a few simple ingredients:
Oats: I like using quick oats for my energy bites because they are much smaller and less tough to break down. You can however use rolled oats as well!
Almond butter: I love using almond butter for these energy bites, it gives them a sweet, nutty flavour and adds tons of healthy fats to keep you feeling satisfied between meals. You can also switch out the almond butter for any other nut butter.
Maple syrup: For a little hint of sweetness I love to add pure maple syrup, it is my all time favourite sweetener. Feel free to also use honey or agave syrup.
Chia seeds: I always try to include some fibre into my snacks and chia seeds fit the bill perfectly! They also contain some protein and healthy fats as well. You could also use ground flax instead.
Mini chocolate chips: Because who doesn’t want an energy bite with a little bit of chocolate?
Full of healthy fats, fibre and complex carbohydrates to keep us fuelled and energized throughout our day!!
No-Bake Almond Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter (can be subbed for any nut butter)
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until the oats are fully coated
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the batter and roll them into 1-inch balls
- Once rolled into balls, place in a Tupperware lined with wax paper and store in the fridge for up to 7 daysTip: For easier rolling, grease your hands with a little coconut oil!