Overnight oats are such a convenient, nutrient dense breakfast option that I don’t think get the hype they deserve!! For the longest time I thought overnight oats were mushy and gross but I have finally perfected my perfect overnight oat recipe and I wanted to share it with all of you!
If you find you don’t have time to make a healthy, filling breakfast in the morning- than look no further than these overnight oats. You can prep them the night before and boom! You have a delicious breakfast waiting for you to dig into the next morning.
What makes these overnight oats so delicious?
Oats: of course you will need oats for this recipe. I like to use large flake rolled oats. I find they hold up better than something like quick oats which would get very mushy.
Greek yogurt: this is my secret ingredient! It not only adds more protein to your breakfast to keep you full longer, but it makes the consistency much better. I use plain greek yogurt for mine because I like to add my own sweetener.
Almond milk: unsweetened almond milk is the base I use for these oats, it breaks down the oats as it sits overnight. You could also use any type of plant milk you like.
Peanut butter: only my favourite thing in the world! This adds healthy fats to keep me feeling satiated and it is of course delicious.
Maple syrup: this is optional, but I find the little hint of sweetness it gives is perfect. Add as much or as little as you like- I use around a teaspoon.
That is it!
The toppings is where you can really get creative and put together different flavour combinations.
Some of my favourite combos:
-Strawberries and almonds
-Bananas, extra peanut butter and chocolate chips
-Blueberries and coconut flakes
-Apples and cinnamon
Easy Overnight Oats
- Calories 330
- Fat 13g
- Protein 11g
- Carbs 45g
- Sugars 11g
- Salt 111mg
- Fibre 7g
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add the greek yogurt, almond milk and maple syrup to a mason jar and mix.
- Add in the rolled oats and stir.
- Add in any additional toppings and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Remove from the refrigerator after the given time, top with any other goodies of your choice and enjoy!*These oats can also be heated if desired. Pour the contents into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat, you may need to add additional liquid if it is too dry.