This chili recipe has been my go-to for a few years now, it is packed with tons of flavour and nutrients- making it an awesome healthy, filling dinner option!
I love prepping a nice big batch of this Chili at the beginning of the week to enjoy over a few days. “Cook once, eat twice” (or three or four in this case) is my motto when it comes to cooking. If you find you have trouble finding the time(or energy) to make food every day- choose recipes that will give you at least one more night of leftovers, it makes life much easier!
Ingredients For The Turkey Chili:
- Minced turkey: the base of this chili is ground turkey, it makes it a lot lighter than your classic beef chili!
- Crushed tomatoes: to give the chili the classic tomato flavour I like to use crushed tomatoes, you could also use diced tomatoes
- Red kidney beans: to add some more texture, flavour and nutrients I like to add in red kidney beans, you could sub these for any kind of bean you like
- Bell pepper: I always like to add in some extra veggies to any dish and bell peppers work perfectly. They add some nice crunch and sweetness.
- Onion: a Chili isn’t a proper Chili without onion in my opinion, they add so much flavour and depth to any dish. Don’t skip on these babies!
- Frozen corn and jalapeño: my favourite addition to this Chili and a little different than your classic, this adds some sweetness and spice all at once
- Tomato paste: Is used to help thicken the Chili, as well as add even more flavour to the dish
- Seasonings: the most important part of any Chili is the spices! I like to add fresh garlic, Chili Powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Adds so much flavour and really brings all the ingredients together!
How To Make The Easiest and Best Turkey Chili:
- In a large cast iron or pot, drizzle a teaspoon or two of olive oil and turn the stove top onto medium-high heat. Once it’s hot add in the chopped onion and saute for 1-2 minutes until softened
- Add in the minced turkey, breaking it up with a spoon. Cook until browned. Once fully cooked add the tomato paste and spices and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes
- After 1-2 minutes add the beans, crushed tomatoes, bell pepper, corn & jalapeño and mix together. Let simmer on medium-low for 30-40 minutes to let the flavours meld together.
- After 30-40 minutes, serve with toppings of your choice!
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days
- sub the minced turkey for ground beef or chicken
- sub the red kidney beans for black beans or navy beans
- use fresh corn if available
If you’ve tried this delicious and nutritious Easiest and Best Turkey Chili recipe or any other recipe on Gracefully Well, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
The Best and Easiest Turkey Chili!
- Calories 500
- Fat 22g
- Protein 54g
- Carbs 25g
- Sugars 9g
- Salt 340mg
- Fibre 5.5g
- 1 package minced turkey
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn and jalapeño mix
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Toppings: cheddar cheese, cilantro, sour cream, tortilla chips
- In a large cast iron, on medium heat add a teaspoon of olive oil. Once hot, add the chopped onions and sauté for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the minced turkey and cook until browned.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add the tomato paste and spices. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, bell pepper, frozen corn & jalapeño, kidney beans and stir together. Let simmer on medium-low for 30-40 minutes.
- Top with your desired toppings and serve! *Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.