I’ve been making these babies on REPEAT the last few weekends. They are not only super easy to whip together but they are made with ingredients I (and probably you) always have on hand! Double win. 😉
A stack of fluffy pancakes topped with butter and real maple syrup, it doesn’t get much better than that.
You will only need 6 simple ingredients for these pancakes-
Rolled oats: you will blitz the oats in your blender into a flour first, this will be what holds the pancakes together
Banana: the riper the banana the more sweet these pancakes will be! They also give the pancakes a delicious banana flavour. Yum.
Almond milk: you could also use any other type of milk to hydrate the batter
Vanilla extract: this is optional but recommended, it adds a lot of delicious flavour
Chia seeds: the chia seeds act as a binder for this batter, they are an egg replacement
Baking powder: a leavening agent that gives your pancakes their light and fluffy texture
Thats it! Give them a try, I promise you’ll be addicted like me.
Healthy Fluffy Vegan Pancakes (made right in the blender!)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Add the oats to a high-powered blender and blend until it turns into a flour-like consistency
- Now add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Spray with avocado oil spray
- Pour the batter using a 1/4 cup onto the hot pan
- Let cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles appear on the first side
- Add your pancakes to a plate and top with butter, fresh fruit and maple syrup