This smoothie is not only super nutritious, it is full of ingredients that will support a healthy digestive system! If you are having trouble with your digestion, try having this smoothie for breakfast each morning after a mug of warm lemon water and see how you feel!
Here’s why this smoothie can support a healthy digestive system:
Full of HEALTHY FATS
Avocado, ground flax and chia seeds all contain healthy fats that support a healthy digestion.
Rich in FIBRE
Kale, avocado and chia seeds are all rich in fibre to help aid in digestion and elimination.
Source of PREBIOTICS
Bananas are a source of prebiotics, which help feed the good bacteria in your gut.
Collagen provides the amino acids needed to repair the intestinal walls and prevent leaky gut.
Ginger works as a carminative, to reduce gas and bloating- as well as relax the smooth muscles of the intestines. Ginger also stimulates saliva, bile and gastric enzymes to help speed up digestion.
Coconut water helps to hydrate the body with natural electrolytes, this is essential for optimal digestion to keep everything moving and flowing through the gut!
Gut-Soothing Green Smoothie
- 2 cups baby kale, or greens of choice
- 1/2 an avocado, ripe
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 thumb finger, peeled
- 1 cup water or plant milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds, ground
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional, for a protein boost)
- Put all your ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend away
- Blend for 1-2 minutes, until everything is nice and smooth!
- Pour into your favourite glass and enjoy