Ummm..These are my new favourite thing! My boyfriend and I devoured these in one sitting, they are that good! If you ever have a craving for those delicious deep fried chicken fingers-these are the next best thing. These chicken tenders are a much healthier version because we are baking them instead of frying. They are so crispy and flavourful but still juicy on the inside. Yum!
What you’ll need to make crispy oven-baked chicken tenders:
- Panko breadcrumbs: these are what give the chicken fingers that crispy breading we all love. You can also use regular breadcrumbs if you happen to have those on hand, they just won’t be as crispy- still delicious though!
- Seasonings: to make sure these chicken tenders are packed with flavour, you are going to add some seasoning to the breadcrumbs- I used garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and a little cayenne for some heat
- Eggs: you’ll need two eggs for this recipe. We dredge the chicken in eggs first to ensure the breading sticks to the chicken and keeps the moisture in
- Almond milk: you’ll whisk some almond milk in to the egg mixture, you can use whichever milk you have on hand
- Non-stick olive oil spray: this is an essential to ensure your tenders turn out nice and crispy!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts: you of course are going to need chicken breasts for this recipe. I used 3.
Although the chicken tenders are good on their own, a great dipping sauce brings them to the next level! Some of my favourite ways to sauce these up are with:
- toss them in buffalo sauce
- spicy honey mustard (shown in picture)
– 1/3 cup mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon mustard (I used a mixture of dijon and yellow mustard)
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
– salt and pepper
If you’ve tried this delicious and nutritious Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Tenders recipe or any other recipes on Gracefully Well, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Fingers
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk, I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pound chicken breasts, around 3 large breasts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- non-stick olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Begin by cutting your chicken breasts into long strips or cubes if you want to make chicken nuggets. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a shallow bowl, add the almond milk and 2 eggs. Whisk together and set aside.
- On a large plate, add the Panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture followed by the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure they are fully coated with the breading.
- Transfer the dredged chicken pieces to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, flipping half way through.