It’s mid-afternoon, you are starting to feel super groggy and are SO hungry you would eat anything in sight..in comes these chocolate peanut butter energy bites to save the day!!
These little energy bites are the perfect mid-day pick me up to help fuel you with some good quality nutrients like complex carbs for energy and healthy fats and protein to keep you feeling satiated until its time for your next meal.
What you’ll need to make chocolate peanut butter energy bites:
- pitted dates: dates not only provide natural sweetness to these bites but they are also packed with lots of great things like fibre, potassium, calcium and phosphorus
- quick oats: the oats help to bulk up the energy bites and provide some complex carbohydrates to help energize your body between meals while keeping your blood sugar more stable
- protein powder: in order to keep these energy bites balanced I like to go for a boost of protein from a protein powder, it also adds a great chocolatey flavour
- cacao powder: for even more of that chocolate flavour I add in some raw cacao powder, it is also packed with minerals for an extra boost of nutrients
- natural peanut butter: to keep you satiated I like to add in some delicious creamy peanut butter that is full of healthy fats
- almond milk: this just acts as a binder to keep the dough nice and sticky for rolling together into balls
If you’ve tried this delicious and nutritious Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites recipe or any other recipes on Gracefully Well, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup quick oats (gluten-free if applicable)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Let your dates soak in hot water for at least 30 minutes before making recipe. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are combined and a dough has formed
- Scoop out pieces of the dough using a tablespoon and roll into balls
- Continue until all the dough is used up, it should make around 10-12 balls
- Store your energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Will be good for up to 7 days.