Peanut butter and chocolate..what a dream combo. This combination is one of my favourite things in the world. Super decadent and just down right delicious!
Chia pudding is one of my favourite quick and healthy snack or breakfast option, so I thought why not take my favourite flavour combination and make it into a healthy decadent treat.
Chia seeds are these tiny little black or white seeds that actually come from a flowering plant native to central and southern Mexico.
These little guys pack a lot of nutrition punch for their size! Per tablespoon, chia seeds contain 5g of fibre, 2g of protein and 4g of healthy fats. This makes them an amazing addition to your daily diet. Besides chia pudding- you can add them to your smoothies, baked goods, breads, oatmeals, granolas, just about anything you like!
Now, let’s get to the recipe shall we?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Chia Pudding
- Calories 170
- Fat 9.7g
- Protein 5.8g
- Carbs 15.5g
- Sugars 5.1g
- Salt 61.3mg
- Fibre 7.2g
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2/3 cup plant milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Optional: a handful of dark chocolate chips as garnish
- Add the chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and cacao powder to a small mason jar
- Whisk the ingredients together with a fork
- Once fully combined, place a lid on the jar and store in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- To serve add half the chocolate chia pudding to a bowl or jar, then scoop on the peanut butter, followed by the rest of the chia pudding. Top with dark chocolate chips. Enjoy!