Lately I’ve been all about the easy, make ahead breakfast/lunches and this was something I made on a whim and it turned out to be so delicious! The ingredients can also be changed up depending on what you have in your fridge, talk about versatility!! Whoot woot!
This baked frittata can hold up in the fridge for at least 3-4 days. An awesome option for meal prepping!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Sweet potato– gives it an amazing sweet flavour and provides you with complex carbohydrates, which our bodies use for energy!
Red onion– adds a little bit of bite and lots of flavour
Spinach– an awesome way to pack in tons of leafy greens for all those micronutrients
Bell pepper– adds a sweet, mild flavour
Sour cream– this gives the frittata a tangy flavour and that delicious creaminess we all love
Eggs– of course we need eggs for a frittata, this is what holds it all together!
Goat cheese– I love goat cheese because it is easier for our bodies to digest than cow products and it also adds amazing flavour!
Seasoning– extra flavour bombs, I love using vegetable seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
Try this recipe out and let me know what you think! It is super easy and delicious!!
Baked Veggie, Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Frittata
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 large red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 5-6 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon milk (dairy-free or dairy works)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 400°F and coat the chopped sweet potato, onion and peppers in olive oil.
- Roast the veggies for 15 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, sour cream and milk together until combined and fluffy. Add in the seasoning.
- Once the veggies are cooked, transfer them into the egg mixture. Mix all ingredients together.
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture in. Top with goat cheese and spinach.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked. Enjoy with toast or on its own!