I saw this recipe on TikTok the other day (yes it’s a guilty pleasure of mine) and just had to try it and lemme tell you- it’s amazing!
It literally takes 5 minutes to make and would make a great healthy snack or side dish. Broccoli is a great source of plant-based protein, fibre and contains many nutrients like iron, potassium, calcium and vitamins A, C, E, etc. making it a very nutritious veggie to include in your diet!
What you’ll need to make this feta broccoli skillet:
- head of broccoli
- feta cheese
- garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper
- lemon juice
- olive oil
How to make this feta broccoli skillet:
All you’ll need is a good non-stick pan and 5 minutes 😉
Cut the head of broccoli into small florets. Heat your pan to medium-high heat and add in the olive oil. Once hot, add the broccoli florets and saute for 1-2 minutes. Next add the garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and water. Place a lid on and let the broccoli steam cook for 1 minute. After 1 minutes, add in your crumbled feta all over the top and place the lid back on. Cook for another 2 minutes. Once the cheese is melted, squeeze some fresh lemon on top and serve!
Yum yum yummmm!!!
5-Minute Feta Broccoli Skillet
- Calories 187
- Fat 7.7g
- Protein 13g
- Carbs 22g
- Fibre 7.9g
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- In a non-stick pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil
- Once hot, add in the broccoli florets and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add in the garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and water
- Place a lid on and let steam for 1-2 minutes
- Remove lid and crumble on the feta cheese. Place lid back on and let the cheese melt for an additional 2 minutes
- Squeeze on fresh lemon juice and serve